Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 13, 2009

New Beds

In preparation for the arrival of "Rufus" in 3 1/2 months, the girls had their beds upgraded last weekend.

Julia is now in my old twin bed. At first she said she didn't want to sleep in it because it was "yucky" (everything is yucky). But, she slept in it just fine.



Vivian is in the toddler bed. She transitioned MUCH better than Julia did. I think it took Julia 2 weeks or so before she was sleeping in the bed during naptime and not on the floor in front of the door. She was better at night--more tired, I guess. Vivian plays some during nap but eventually crawls into bed. She slept through the very first night in it with only 1 minor incident. I woke up to her crying and when I went in she was on the floor with her head under the bed. So, I don't know if she rolled out then as she was turning to get up she got her head under the bed or what. It wasn't stuck, she just couldn't figure out how to get it out. Very strange.


Vivian will join Julia in the "girls room" at the beginning of December. Hopefully we can have them cohabiting well by the time we bring "Rufus" home.
There is much redecorating to do in their room, and in the nursery.
I'm attempting to make comforters for their beds and a curtain for their window. I hope to have the curtain and Julia's comforter done by her birthday in 2 weeks. Unfortunately, I need more fabric. The comforters will be the print on one side and the stripe on the other. The curtain will be the stripe.

No comments:

Post a Comment